Support and training
NEODAAS staff are able to offer advice on a wide range of topics related to Earth Observation, from choosing the best sensors and algorithms for your area of interest and assistance interpreting data to practical advice on data processing, including optimising algorithms to run on large datasets. We do this through one-to-one training and by organising our own training courses and contributing sessions to other programs.
Additionally, NEODAAS staff often participate in outreach activities to help train the next generation of EO scientists. Please contact us if you are interested in NEODAAS training or outreach.
Upcoming training sessions and outreach
- March 2022 – NCEO Researcher’s Forum 2022 – AI and Machine Learning for Earth Observation
- (Date TBD) Exeter Environmental Intelligence CDT, Applying Artificial Intelligence algorithms to Earth Observation data.
Previous training sessions and outreach
- February 2022: Cornwall Collage. Guest undergraduate lecture introducing Ocean Colour and NEODAAS. Please contact if you are interested in NEODAAS delivering a similar undergraduate / MSc level session.
- December 2021: Exeter Environmental Intelligence CDT, introduction to Earth Observation.
- November 2021: SENSE EO CDT Training. Sessions on atmospheric correction and Machine Learning
- November 2021: Practical use of Earth Observation data in research. Please contact us if you are interested in attending the course in 2022.
- February 2022: Cornwall Collage. Guest undergraduate lecture introducing Ocean Colour and NEODAAS.
- October 2020: Using Earth Observation for Water Quality Monitoring. Contributed to workshop organised by JNCC. Material from course is available here.
- October 2020: SENSE EO CDT Training. Session on atmospheric Correction of satellite and airborne data.
- October 2020: Practical use of Earth Observation data in research. View the course notes here
- March 2020: Deep Learning for Computer Vision. A one-day course taught by an NVIDIA accredited instructor.
- July 2019: Earth Story outreach event at Eden Project, Cornwall.
- June 2018: Marine tech expo, Plymouth.
- May 2018: Introduction to Field Spectroscopy Workshop, Edinburgh. Contributed sessions on airborne data processing (Download the practical session) and Radiative Transfer using Py6S (Download the practical from GitHub).
- March 2018: NERC Airborne Research Facility Workshop, Cambridge. Download the notes from the workshop.
- June 2015: NCEO Hyperspectral Earth Observation, data processing and training course, Spain. View the online course.
How to load data on the NEODAAS web portal
How to extract data from the NEODAAS web portal